Hair care is important for not only our appearance, but also for our overall hygiene. Having healthy hair allows us to look our best and ensure our hair and scalp is healthy. It is important to visit a reputable salon and utilize quality hair care products to ensure your hair is as healthy as possible. The look of hair is important to many and has a significant impact on our self-esteem. This is highlighted in a survey that states a staggering 88% of women say that their hair is related to their self-confidence.
Hair Care Steps For Natural Curly Hair:
- Oiling. Oil every time before shampooing. You can even leave it overnight, but do not keep it for more than 10 hours. Wash off soon after you wake up if keeping overnight.
- Never brush dry curls. Nope never. Only detangle when soaking wet or just out of shower. My favorite is after applying conditioner. Which takes me to my next point….
- Hydration. A balanced moisture and protein ratio is primary to healthy curly hair. Protein we do get from our food (I hope you do take the required amount of protein), but the moisture is what we neglect more often than frequently. Apply generous amount of conditioner, working your way up towards the mid-shaft and focusing on lengths, after shampooing. Wash of after 5–7 minutes.
- Leave-in. If you want a more defined curl pattern I suggest you invest in a good leave-in.
- Invest in good shampoo and conditioner set, free from SLS/parabens/silicones and other harmful chemicals. Customised hair care has come real handy to me.
- Sleep well. Most adults need 7–9 hours of sleep every single night. The hours required reduce as we age.
- And last but definitely not the least: WATER! This is by far the most important and utmost essential, for hair, skin, eyes, digestion, sleep, mood, weight and what not! Water is one holy grail product nothing can top, plus it has 0 calories! Drink 2–3 litres of water every single day. Do it for 10 days and decide for yourself.