Now matter what kind of hair you wear everyday, the regular clean-up is recommended.Especially to the human hair wigs and human hair weave. If you don't do regular wash,clean and maintain on your hair, it will get more and more frizzy and dry,and then you may loose the best time to fix the hair.So today we are going to share some tips on clean and maintain curly human hair wigs.
Hope it can hekp you.
Step 1: Removing the hair glue
Gently remove the hair glue starting from the edges of the lace base. Spray some adhesive remover first will make it easier for peeling off. Then, use your fingernail to scrap up the edge of the glue to start the peeling.
Step 2: Soaking
After removing the hair glue, wash your entire wig cap, hair, and scalp thoroughly at least twice.
Soak the hair in a plastic or stainless steel container which is filled with cool water. If the wig has picked up the odor of smoke or other strong odors, you may add a teaspoon of baking soda to your basin, and blend in with shampoo and hair conditioner. The time of soaking depends on the type of hair and adhesive you’re using.we recommends 10-20 minutes.
Step 3: Cleaning
* To clean the lace areas, gently brush the swollen adhesive reside with a fingernail brush to loosen and break it free.
* Before cleaning the rest hair, you need to brush the hair from the bottom to the top with wide-tooth comb.
* To wash the rest hairs, swish the wig in the water for about 30 seconds to a minute,after rinsing thoroughly wash the hair again and make sure that there is no residue, this time using a mild shampoo to balance the acid level and lastly condition.
* After getting most of the excess residue off, put the hair back into the container full of solvent for 2-4 more minutes. Gently squeeze excess water out of wig again.
* Empty the wig basin of water and rinse the wig in cool water. It is very important to use cool water on curly wigs, as warm water will over-relax the curls of wigs.
* Gently squeeze excess water out of wig( Do not rub or twist your wig.). you need to do this for at least twice to make sure the hair is cleaned well.
Step 4: Drying and Restoring
Spread the wig out on a thirsty towel and leave in a ventilated area to dry overnight. You should spray on a little leave-on wig conditioner, when you start the drying process.
When the wig is entirely dry(not before), re-style the wig gently. I recommend to use hair curling rods or just fingers to restore the curl pattern. Shaking and fluffing by hand is your best starting point for wig styling. Do not use regular shampoo. It is too strong even for human hair wigs.
Now you have done all cleanings,and you are ready to wear your curly wig again.
If you have any question,please freely leave us your comment, and we will give you a reply in 24 hours.
Related post: 'How To Clean A Lace Front Wig'